Degreed, Production Trained, and Experienced!
Yes, you read that correctly. I do hold an actual Bachelor’s Degree specifically in Visual Communication and Graphic Design, which I earned while at Educational Testing Services. For the first eight years of my career, I worked my way up through the ranks of a real production graphics department. I started out as a temporary graphic designer for ETS and eventually, after years of hard work, dedication, and devotion to my craft, earned the title of Senior Graphic Designer.
Soon after that, I dived into the world of freelance graphic design. As a freelancer, I have had the privilege of working on small, one-off projects and large projects for a variety of clients ranging from individuals, family owned businesses, mid-sized companies, and all the way up to corporate enterprises.
As a result, I bring a unique blend of technical precision, attention to detail, personalized attention, and a broad range of experience to the table. I can and will find the best approach to reach your goals with original designs, beautiful layouts, and custom illustrations all within budget and on time without sacrificing quality or taking shortcuts.
Why you need to hire me
- — Bachelor’s Degree Specifically in Graphic and Visual Design!
- — Over 15 Years as a Professional Designer!
- — Excellent Proven Track Record!
- — Production Department Trained!
- — Expert in Both Adobe CC and Microsoft Suites!
- — Extremely Responsive!
- — Detailed Orientated!
- — Proven track record of accurate, precise work with keen attention to both technical and aesthetic detail within budget and delivered on time.
- — Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including versions CS5, CS6, and Creative Cloud, and a specialist in using InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, and Dreamweaver.
- — Adept at recruiting, training, inspiring, mentoring, and managing teams of graphic artists to continually meet high volume production schedules and deliver superior designs.
- — Proficient in developing creative products for both print and web.
- — Uniquely gifted at working from scratch to devise innovative concepts and develop rough sketches into final, high quality, professional-looking products.
Freelance Graphic Designer — May 2013 thru PresentTalon Knight Enterprises
- — Designs and creates a wide variety of graphic art and collateral for both print and web utilizing the Adobe Creative Suite.
- — Coordinates both large and small marketing and publishing projects.
- — Provides graphical consultation and support for websites, social media, publishing projects, and responsive design solutions including HTML5 and CSS3.
Contract Production Artist — Oct 2012 thru May 2013Tri-Lin Integrated Services Inc.
- — Created designs, concepts, and sample layouts.
- — Selected style and size of type in accordance with branded style guides.
- — Prepared illustrations and rough sketches of material.
- — Developed charts, graphs, illustrations, and other artwork.
- — Studied and prepared illustrations and photographs for presentation of materials, visual products, and design services.
Senior Team Leader/Graphic Designer — Aug. 2002 thru Nov. 2010Educational Testing Services
- — Supported and trained internal graphic artists for over 24 State run testing programs and instructional designs, growing the graphic production department from 6 artists to over 22 artists over an 8 year period.
- — Designed internal processes and procedures for processing graphic requests and quality control measures for K-12 assessments.
- — Developed and implemented brand guidelines and style guides for both print and digital mediums across multiple projects.
- — Maintained digital files in an organized, precise, and accessible manner utilizing cloud-based document sharing, FTP servers, and SharePoint sites.
- — Demonstrated ability to prepare professional production graphics for use on-line and in print mediums across multiple projects averaging over 2000 graphics a week department wide.